Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tolerance WTF.

So, I like to think I am pretty tolerant of other peoples political views.  I never press my views upon anyone, and tend to discuss them only with like minded people.  I find it AWESOME today that by posting on twitter that I find the double standard of people I know (Like my supervisors and coworkers) discussing politics that differ from my own, openly, and berate the politicians they are discussing by calling them airheads, idiots, (one friend even said the anti-Christ) I Get bashed.  I really don't care what your politics are.  However, in my place of employment, wether it is mostly Democratic or not to my Republican, I don't think it should be discussed at all, unless it will directly affect how we operate.  Calling someone an airhead doesn't do anything for operations.  And frankly the double standard is annoying.  I don't care for many of the Presidents politics, yet never have I in a public forum bashed him.  He is still the president.  We still need to support him.  But the moment I mention that I am a Republican I get all sorts of interesting hate messages.  Some people simply saying they are surprised they are my friend, others telling me to go jump off a cliff, etc.  I find this fascinating, because AS a Republican, I have NEVER told any of my democratic friends that I want them to jump off a cliff, or that I am startled we are friends.  Simply because, as friends you shouldn't judge them.  Shocking, I know.  Good call for tolerance people.  Nice to know you practice what you preach.
 
-Newt

P.S. If you don't like it. Don't follow me. I don't care.

1 comment:

  1. How dare you not be a democratic. Huff. Puff. I don't like you anymore.

    ReplyDelete