Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mid Year Movie Update

I feel like I spent a good portion of the year at the movies so far. I guess I haven't seen too many, so hey. But here is my mid summer recap.

District 13: Ultimatum - Never got to see this one. I noticed it was already on sale at the store though so I may need to pick it up.

From Paris With Love - I think this movie was out of the theaters about an hour after it was released. By the time I went to the theater to actually see it, it was gone. I haven't seen it on sale however yet though.

The Wolfman - Also unsurprising I didn't catch this one either. I swear I thought I'd been to the movies more. This one was also gone faster than I made it to the theater.

Shutter Island - Ended up not having the interest in it I thought I would. Rumors abound it didn't do well.

Cop Out - Again, out for like a week? WTH I'm annoyed.

The Crazies - Sigh, didn't see it either. Coworker said it was decent though.

Alice in Wonderland - Perhaps I am strange but I LOVED this movie. I think it was awesome. I heard that it wasn't that great, but actually, I really enjoyed it.

Clash of the Titans - It was ok. the 3-D was absolutely terrible, but the 2-D version was passable. More of a renter, I think.

Repo Men - The movie itself was fairly predictable but I liked it. The soundtrack is phenomenal.

The Losers - A surprise hit I think. Adored it, and have continued to quote it since. BlaGuyver
Kick-Ass - Still want to see this one, I need to get to the theater before it's gone.

A Nightmare on Elm Street - So disappointed. Scowl. They ruined Freddy.

Iron Man 2 - Yea, it was awesome and fun and funny. But, it was pretty linear. I didn't get anything I didn't expect.


Movies I saw that I hadn't thought I'd see:

How to Train Your Dragon - SO FAR MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!!!

And that's that. Check back in a few months for the rest.

-Newt

No comments:

Post a Comment