Friday, February 26, 2010

What happened to Sesame Street?

So I caught an episode of Sesame Street today. Maybe the first time in 5 yrs or so. All I can say is, WTF happened to it??

There was no Cookie Monster, no Grover, no Big Bird, no Bert & Ernie...the first 10 minutes was a computer animated episode of what I believe was "Abby Cadabby" or something like that. Huh? It was ridiculous. Sesame Street is supposed to be live action and puppets and weird animated shorts that instill in kids a sense of A.D.D.

Now eventually there was a classic-type sketch with Elmo and Ricky Gervais. It made me laugh. It wasn't a classic muppet, but it worked. But then...back to the crap. It was very upsetting. This needs to be rectified or my kids will only watching episodes of Fraggle Rock and The Muppet Show on DVD. Or Holgraphic projector.

Oh before I go, why is it that if I buy a single on itunes, I can't upgrade to the full album when it comes out? That's double dipping. Now I'm gonna be forced to 'steal' BNL's new single until the album comes out in March. Damn you, Apple. Damn you.

- Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment